What on Earth is a brain Profile?
Aren’t all brains essentially built the same way? Can all people be treated and managed in the same way? Are there unique ways in which some people use their minds and brains? The Neethling Brain Instruments (NBI®) is a highly practical and ground breaking set of instruments and questionnaires that will lift the lid on your preferred way of thinking and in doing so help you harness the power of your wholemind and develop whole-brain thinking.
Welcome to The Neethling Brain Instruments (NBI®)
These simple tools will assist you in developing approaches in your personal and business life to bolster your strengths and work on your “weaknesses”. In effect to become a “whole brain” thinker.
Where does NBI® come from?
The Neethling Brain Instruments (The NBI®) was created and developed over 3 decades of exhaustive international research on the functions of the left hemispheres and right hemispheres of the human brain. Professor Paul Torrance of the University of Georgia guided Kobus Neethling in his research to develop these instruments. The original questionnaire was developed for adults, however over the years new targeted instruments have been developed including questionnaires for
- Young adults,
- Sportspeople and
How does it work?
Your brain is made up of two seemingly identical halves; a left hemisphere and a right hemisphere. Both halves have some common functionality and some unique ways of processing information You could therefore look at something in a more right brain way or a more left brain way. Most people prefer to use one side more than the other
- Literal and concrete
- Non verbal
- Non linear
- Big picture
From 2 Halves to 4 Quadrants
From the initial research into localisation of skills and thoughts within the two hemispheres it became apparent that it was also useful and possible to split the brain into a top “thinking brain” and a rear “doing brain”.
Further development to the work of Herrmann and Torrance, Neethling (Neethling, 2003b) discovered that the left and right brain thinking processes could be further divided into two classes or divisions. This would now effectively divide the brain into four quadrants.
According to Herrmann, Neethling and other whole brain students, most people demonstrate thinking preferences related to one or more of these quadrants (Mifflin, 2003). These thinking preferences, could therefore exert a strong influence on behaviour in most areas of one’s life. It would therefore affect interpersonal relationships, choices of careers, parenting style, communications , business dealings , learning styles and teaching styles (Neethling & Rutherford, 2001:79).
From 4 Quadrants to 8 Dimensions
With the four quadrants as the foundation, the NBI® expands into a revealing 8 Dimensions. Do you have a thinking style of…
You are mostly choosing your preferred style in an unconscious way
Many of our unconscious thought patterns are just that; unconscious. A tool such as this will help lift the lid on your largely unconscious dominant usage of parts of your brain, your preferred way of doing things such as;
- How do you communicate with people in business and relationships? Do you find some people agreeable and that some people rub you up the wrong way?
- How do you act towards other people or in certain situations?
- How do you do business?
- How do you learn? Does your teacher or lecturer teach you in their preferred style or your preferred style?
- How do you teach your students? Your way or their way?
- How would you manage in a certain career? Are you ideal suited to a people positions or technical positions? Are you a big picture thinker or a detail? Do you crave variety or prefer procedures?
- How do you solve problems? Do you use a Wholemind approach or get stuck in your old thinking patterns
- How do you make decisions? Do you harness your natural ability to think in a Wholemind way?
The Neethling Brain Profile enables you to
- Develop effective teams in sports and the work place.
- Discover ways to effectively mediate and resolve conflicts
- Choose a new career with confidence and knowing what you letting yourself in for. Too many people end up in a new job feeling unsettled and unfulfilled.
- Develop your Wholemind creativity by recognising your current creative strategy and then develop your weaker areas to become a true Wholemind leader
- Employ or choose the best people for new positions.
- Retain valuable employees by helping them understand their job requirements and how their strengths helps achieve company objectives
- What should you study? Human Sciences? Natural Sciences? Marketing? Design?
- Discover your dominant brain usage in sport and then develop whole-brain and Wholemind superiority in your sport.
What will I get once I complete the NBI®?
- Printed or pdf profile of your thinking preferences or styles.
- Complete description of your profile including scores.
- An interpretation of the results.
- Optional Personalised report based on your individual needs
- Optional Coaching session to review your results and help you plan a Wholemind development program..
What are the various Brain Profiles?
Select one of the below items to view more details on each of the available brain profiles.
Other facts about the NBI Brain Profiling System
- Dr Kobus Neethling developed NBI based on the profiling of more than 200,000 adults and children from a number of countries..
- Dr Neethling, acknowledged as one of 500 “Leaders of Influence” by the American Biographical Institute.
- NBI will not try to change your thinking. It simply demonstrates your preferences and where you may not be employing your whole brain.
- NBI will benefit your business and personal life by helping you adapt a whole brain approach and embrace your strengths.
- Studies have evolved to include recommendations for children from as young as four years old.
- The investment in the instrument and results starts as low as a meal out or some new clothing. Some instruments are subsidised.
Which Companies use the Neethling Brain Instruments?
- De Beers
- Mercedes Benz
- Standard Bank
What do I do now?
Book your profile by clicking here Do you feel that you could benefit by seeing more about what I can tell you? You could call me now on 071 863 7398, or email me immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org to get more of a feel for how this program will help you. Wholemind is a dynamic mind coaching system which helps you harness the power of the unique strengths and aspects of your own whole mind and thinking so that you achieve your goals.